What have we been up to?
The first quarter of the year has passed in a flash and TrackCyclingSA club has been busy on all fronts!
We saw great achievements:
- Heloize Visser: Podiums on track at Paarl Boxing Day (Dec’17) and also crowned Western Cape Time Trial champion women 30-34 (Jan’18)
- Francois du Toit: Silver at SA tt champs masters cat. (Jan’18)
- Matthew Ferguson: Keirin win at the track at WP league #1 and many more podiums. His first win since he made his return to the track.
- Dirk van Zyl, Riaan Joubert and Anton Scheepers all going strong in the track league.
- Great participation in many events including the Cycle Tour and MTB Cycle Tour.
12-hour of Killarney (Apr’18)
TrackCyclingSA had a great weekend at Killarney race track. We had a total of 8 riders competing at the 12h of Killarney event and had some great results:
The awesome 4-some of Sebastian Miller, Anton Scheepers, Pascal Marggraff and Callie Greeff, and took victory in the 4-man category.
Rory Florence and Eduard Loof secured a podium with a 3rd place in the 2-man event.
Heloize Visser finished 4th in the mixed category.
Imraan Ho-Yee completed his first 12h of Killarney in the solo category. He planned to ride only 250km, but smashed that and clocked about 300km.
Our sprinters collecting heavy metal
Matthew Ferguson and Dirk van Zyl represented TrackCyclingSA club at the Masters festival at Bellville velodrome over Easter.
Subsequently Matthew also went on to compete in PE as a master years after he raced there as a scholar in 1979. Both Matthew and Dirk walked away with medals. Well done!!!